There have been numerous news stories over the past 12 months identifying the methods the Russians used to “influence” U.S. voters. Fake news. Trolls. Social media ads. Fake social media accounts….all targeting ignorance and our willingness to believe what we hear or read without questioning what’s being said or written.
The Intelligence Community has been sounding the alarm about nothing being done to deter Russia from meddling again. In fact, we’ve been told point blank that Russia will definitely continue trying to influence us, and that we should be on the look out.
Trump refuses to acknowledge Russia’s interference. Congress hasn’t initiated a counter strategy. And Homeland Security isn’t advising on a battle plan for U.S. citizens. So I guess we have to look out for each other and create our own counter-Russian influence plan.
- Russian trolls are EVERYWHERE. They seem like GOP trolls or Trump trolls and very well may be, but many are Russian.
- Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time, although not all Russian trolls are in Moscow. But bottom-line, any posts you see on a Sunday morning (for example) that’s stamped at 4:00am ET is 99.9% likely to be from a foreign country.
- The new troll isn’t as aggressive and belligerent as they were at the beginning of the year, but they are subtly trying to influence our opinions by weaving half truths through their lies.
- Half truths are the most dangerous kind of subliminal pressure used to try and influence our beliefs. They dramatically increase the likelihood we’ll believe a lie. The fact that the Russian intelligence community, governed by Putin an autocrat, has an army of loyal agents diligently clicking away on their computers, trying to act like Texans (or some other region of the country), lining a news comment or FB post with a half truth is alarming.
- An example: Putin is an autocrat. A tyrant. So Russia is an autocracy. To influence the world into believing this is a great system, Putin/Russia calls it “managed democracy.” Managed democracy doesn’t seem so bad, does it? And yet a an autocracy and a tyrant are the most oppressive form of government, the polar opposite of USA.
Let’s all keep each other informed about what we see and hear so we can stay protected.
PENCE’S TIE-BREAKING VOTES
Vice President Mike Pence cast 6 tiebreaking votes this first year in office. A record!
In 2018 there’ll be one less red senator and one more blue. This may mean an end to Pence’s roll in swinging votes.
Sadly, enough damage has already been done. The following consumer protection has now been wiped away:
“The Senate voted to nullify a consumer-oriented rule that would let millions of Americans band together to sue their banks or credit card companies….The rule exposed banks to large class-action lawsuits. Supporters say that possibility would help ensure banks, credit card companies and other lenders treat consumers appropriately.”
Alabama’s Roy Moore filed an election complaint on Wednesday December 27, 2017 trying to block Jones from taking over Sessions’ senate seat following his victory on December 12. Moore’s rationale? Voter fraud.
When asked about the fraud, Moore explained “more voters voted than in past elections.”
Moore’s complaint was thrown out and Jones’ victory was certified.
What’s so alarming is the election revealed how Moore thinks. An obviously twisted mind. Yet, he was a prosecutor and a judge?! 😳
EPA Director Scott Pruitt is determined to dismantle the environmental protections that save lives and preserves our DNA.
He’s now brought in a friend who was banned from banking for life to “streamline the Superfund program.”
“The appointment was notable in that Kelly would become a senior adviser in the federal environmental agency despite having no previous experience with environmental issues.” – Sharon Lerner
Ill-conceived choices like Albert Kelly impact consumer health and cause deaths.
Raw Unsalted Sunflower Seeds are the best way to start each day. One quarter of a cup, along with a healthy breakfast and vitamins, are sure make you feel much more positive. Sunflower seeds contain tryptophan which boosts serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “happiness” chemical manufactured in the brain that elevates mood.