“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.”
It’s July 2018, the height of summer vacation season, with millions of American families across the country piling into cars, boarding planes and trains, and trekking the distance to our country’s mesmerizing natural wonders.
Families arrive at each destination, bright-eyed with sublime awe, enthralled with the dazzling displays of pristine landscapes seemingly untouched by humans prior to their arrival.
We’re all extremely proud of our nation’s natural beauty. For 200 years, ever since the Lewis & Clark Expedition (May 1804 to September 1806), when we first discovered these abundant natural resources, we’ve eagerly sacrificed whatever is necessary to preserve our most valuable treasures.
American tourism is a $1.5 trillion industry, employing 7.08 million Americans. An economic powerhouse that features some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the world.
But what will we the future hold for these iconic pillars of our American identity after the Trump team has completed their destruction agenda of these remarkable national assets?
The current reality of recently resigned EPA Director Scott Pruitt’s, and Office of the Interior Director Zinke’s, swift and determined effort to rollback the safeguards that our previous presidents fought so hard to implement and maintain… is alarming.
PRUITT is RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Undoing the Clean Water Act implemented to protect wetlands and streams, many of which run through our millions of acres of National Parks
- Dismantling Obama’s clean power plan
- Halting the scheduled ban on chlorpyrifos which negatively impacts development in children
- De-prioritizing the clean-up of superfund sites
- Failure to focus on the Flint water crisis
- 700 EPA employees leaving their jobs Pruitt’s first year in office
- and so much more…
ZINKE is RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Canceling the freeze placed on coal companies for new leases on public land
- Slashing the size of national monuments in an effort to promote mining and drilling, despite the fact that the world is shifting to clean energy at a rapid pace (Trump announced that Bears Ears monument will be cut by three quarters, and that Grand Staircase-Escalante monument will be cut in half)
- Eviscerating the plan to save the endangered sage grouse, potentially opening up these thousands of acres to mining
- Deleting Obama’s regulations against fracking on federal property
- Opening up all US coastal shorelines to gas and oil drilling, destroying the lifeline of our immense tourism industry (again, this despite the fact, the world is rushing to shift to clean energy)
Tuesday November 6, 2018 is right around the corner. Let’s express our horror at these seeming crimes at the voting booth.
© Copyright 2017 – 2018. ALL Rights Reserved.