Washington (GGM) Analysis
by Noreen Wise
Washington (Gallant Gold Media Hill Report | Analysis | July 17, 2019) – The melting glaciers are an urgent wake up call for all of us to pay attention to global warming. The vast mountains of snow and ice that blanket our poles, are what has provided climate stability for 20 million years. Glaciers breaking apart and melting, immediately raises sea levels along the world’s coastlines, particularly the entire East Coast in the United States, flooding many major cities from Maine to Florida.
If anyone is having trouble visualizing the dramatic impact of rising sea levels, please visit Miami ASAP. Scientists have determined, that due Miami being built on to the lime rock, retaining walls can’t save Miami. It literally won’t survive global warming. In fact, it’s projected that if we maintain to current carbon emission trajectory, Southern Florida is guaranteed to disappear, the only question is “when?”
Ocean waters store carbon, which has always been considered a good thing. Scientists refer to this as carbon sink. The positive benefits unraveled however, when the oceans began to store too much carbon, due to the rise in carbon levels in the atmosphere from irresponsible carbon emitting daily habits and lifestyle.
- Too much carbon in ocean waters, raises the ocean temperature
- Warmer ocean waters, melt the polar glaciers from underneath
- Less snow & ice, and more water cause the oceans to heat faster because dark blue ocean waters store the sun’s heat, while white snow and ice reflects it; an increase in water equal an increase in heat
- An increase in the amount of water on the globe, also esults in an increase of moisture in the air, causing fiercer storms
- This massively shifting balance between ice and water and atmospheric moisture, alters the jet streams
- Without the reliable jest stream moving storms along and out of the way, storms & droughts hover for much longer periods resulting in massive flooding and prolonged droughts
- Prolonged droughts leads to entire communities having to relocate, often to foreign countries, resulting in a refugee crisis
- We’re seeing this right now in Central America… the thin section of land, rising sea levels on both coastlines, sustained drought conditions in the middle, all this created by US carbon emission excesses; citizens fleeing the unlivable land to our southern border and then stuffed into concentration camps
- The military and CIA have both asserted that Global Warming is a major nation security threat, particularly when we are blamed for another countr’s economic woes that result from climate woes
It only takes a few of these events to open our eyes. But clearly in the past two years, we’ve seen the deadly weather systems destroy communities, and undermine our security.
It will take thousands of years to rebuild out glaciers, but we can immediately curb the rising ocean temperature by making different choices in 4 key areas for ourselves and our families, as well as speak with community leaders about using solar panels to run street and traffic lights as well as town buildings.
Climate Change Expert Dr. Joseph Romm, an MIT alumni, has organized Climate Action choices into four categories:
- Transportation: make the switch to Hybrid or EV autos; public transportation, walk, scooter, ride bikes
- Home: go solar, LED lightbulbs, turn out lights when leaving a room
- Diet: change our eating habits, red meat & dairy increase our carbon footprint
- Stuff: buying, storing and carting around “stuff”
Switching from our current home electricity source to solar, and from current gas guzzling cars to Hybrids & EV’s is as exciting and life-changing as switching from flip phones to iPhones, or from 3G to LTE. Huge game changer that we immediately love and never look back.
We can do this!
© Copyright 2018 – 2019. ALL Rights Reserved.