Be a part of Gallant Gold Media’s GreenUp Action Plan. We’re helping plant trees, gardens & tapestry no mow lawns in our communities to remember those we’ve lost to Covid while simultaneously rebuilding our habitat and restoring our quality of life.
The protection of the environment is essential for the survival of the United States.James Madison
The 4 Pillars of Gallant Gold Media’s 2021 GreenUp Action Plan
Tree Planting in Local Communities
Trees for Love campaign plants trees to remember those we’ve lost to Covid.
We shipped 30 free seedlings to homeowners in two neighboring states to remember loved ones lost to Covid. They received them just in time
GreenUp events, on HOLD because of Covid.
● CITY: NA at this time
● TIME: NA
● LOCATION: on hold due to Covid
● Must order in advance. First come first serve.
Greening Up Our Communities with Layers of Nature
We are super excited to restore our habitat in local communities by planting gardens to remember those we lost to Covid through a series of partnerships:
● Local nurseries/landscapers will assist with planting gardens with multiple green layers in designated locations, following a site selection process.
● Our goal is to replicate the breadth and depth of the pavilion gardens that Thomas Jefferson designed when he mapped out his Academical Village in Charlottesville. The gardens were further developed by UVA. (See images at bottom of the page.) We’ll also be tying in the historic Bartram’s Gardens in Philadelphia.
● Virginia creeper on brick and stone commercial and government buildings.
● Planting shrubs below trees and along fence lines.
● Adding understory to private groves of trees.
● Virginia communities are major focus in 2021.
● In August we’ll begin promoting our fall planting event in Environmental Justice Communities.
Lobbying State Legislators to Pass Tree Protection Bills
Very few states and localities have bills protecting trees from being removed. It’s time to start lobbying.
● Virginia is our primary focus. We submitted proposed Tree Protection and Restoration legislation to our Virginia state delegate on January 12, 2021. The proposed legislation included tax incentives for homeowners planting in their yards.
●On Wednesday January 27, 2021, the Virginia House of Delegates passed HB 2042 Trees; replacement and conservation during development. (57-Y 43-N). Very exciting for the House to move so quickly on such a vital issue.
●We’ll keep you informed on the outcome.
●Get excited to become involved in contacting your state representatives
● Invite friends and family to participate.
We’re Creating a Forest in North Dakota
No time for missed opportunities:
● California just lost more than a billion mature trees in the devastating wildfires.
●North Dakota has millions of acres of wide-open space and sits at only 1.72% forestation.
●Beautiful ponderosa pines, elms and cottonwoods are native to North Dakota.
● We’ve just formed a partnership with private ranch owner Byron Richard to grow a forest on his property in North Dakota. The forest will be called Ponderosa Pines Ranch where thousands of ponderosa pines will be planted, as well as other natives, to remember those we’ve lost to Covid. The location is close to Theodore Roosevelt National Park where buffalo roam free, as well as the wonderful town of Medora, several Native American reservations, and much more. Follow our progress.
●Our North Dakota Ponderosa Pines forest had to be put on hold because of the drought. We hope to continue with this in spring 2022.
Pavilion Gardens in Thomas Jefferson’s Academical Village
LET’S SAVE OUR HABITAT TOGETHER!
We’re looking for someone just like you, who made it all the way to the bottom of the page, to be a part of our GreenUp Force of Nature. We hope you’ll join in our campaign by becoming an Individual Sponsor and Leave Your Mark On the World.
© Copyright 2018 – 2021. ALL Rights Reserved.